Time to re-focus and have a better understanding for better Prehab & Rehab.
– ITB friction is actually a pathology cause by compression rather than friction.
– Functional anatomy, mechanics and role of the ITB.
– Review of biomechanical changes that predispose an athlete to the onset of ITB compression: rear foot eversion, degree of knee flexion and internal rotation, hip adduction angle, hip abductor strength, degree of ankle dorsiflexion and more.
– Proper mechanism of foot strike in running biomechanics: different stages of foot strike and stance phases.
– The importance of evaluating mechanics in downhill running since it is a frequent ITB complaint in long distance trail runners.
– Treatment options.
– Prehabilitation for performance.
– Series of exercises to eliminate pathomechanics causing ITB compression.
– Functional prehab & rehab, non and weight bearing exercises, progression, volume.
Date: September 17 & 18 – 2016
Time: 9am to 1pm Mountain time / each day
Cost: $175.00 US – includes booklet
PT CEU’s: 8
Approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
To register or for more info, contact us.
If you are interested in hosting any of our courses at your Sport Clinic or Rehab Center, please contact us for details.